Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Poetic Side of Things

It was back around '97 or '98 when I wrote my 100th poem. It's still the only one I know by heart:

The Disease of Love

The disease of love,
I know no cure,
Only that it's something
People with hearts must endure.

Those that love,
Can't live without.
Those that love and loose,
Know what it's all about.

What started off as a crush long ago,
Becomes the love that they now know.
Many crushes have come, and many gone,
But now they sit together as the day breaks a new dawn.

They're cuddled in each others arms,
The way lovers should be.
They swear to spend their lives together,
Fulfilling their destiny.

The loves that passed long before,
Now they are faded memories and exist no more.
Still some heartache remains inside,
Overcome by happiness it shall hide.

And like the knights of the round table, in the days of old,
It is a princesses love that I long to hold.
If you will be my princess, everything will be fine,
As all roses are sweeter than wine.

If you say no, I'll close and lock the door,
As I don't think I could love anymore.


A Way to Start the Day, The Night Before

We've been sitting across
From each other all night long.
Eyes meet and bounce away,
Flirtatious smirks barely suppressed.

We both finish our drinks,
And head out on the dance floor.
More eyes, more smiles,
There's no repressing it now.

It's Latin American night.
Our hands meet
She lets me be the gentleman
And I lead.

Cha-cha, Meringue,
The night passes away,
Hours pass by in seconds
Feels like we've known each other for ages.

Afterwars, a diner.
Coffee and friendly chatter.
No longer across from one another,
We're turned to each other.

She rides back with me.
We both play it cool.
We both know what's coming.
We both know what we want.

We go inside,
I lock the door.
She turns the light back off,
And we kiss.

Her lips are warm, soft, firm, passionate.
I caress her lower back
Her fingers run through the scruff of my neck.
Our hearts race together.

I brush my thumb across her cheek,
Hand sliding down to her neck.
Our lips part, as I kiss her,
From just below the ear to her shoulder.

My shirt now untucked,
Her hands run up my back underneath.
Nails dig in a few times,
Till she pulls it off.

Her top is next,
And lands somewhere.
I tease,
Kissing her half exposed chest.

Dropping down to her waist,
I work my way up.
My hand finds the clasp.
She gasps, holding me into her.

The night is magic.
We melt together
Time and time again,
Till we lay spooning.

Cuddling, we wisper back and forth,
My fingers run up and down her arm lightly.
We roll over and I
Fall asleep to her rubbing my chest.

Breakfast is more like brunch,
Two steaming hot cups in our hands,
Two sparkling eyes to gaze into,
And a smile to start the day.


Love & Racing

Just give me a god damn Race Car!
Something with four wheels,
And Pulls out of the Corners.

Just give me an open stretch.
Give me lefts & rights,
Short and long straights with hills.

Give me a stretch that knows no limits.
Let it have a soul and none.
I'll give it mine,
Without asking anything in return.

Let it be deserted
With the bright sun on spring green leaves.
Give me cool air warm in the sun,
Or a bright night under the moon.

Let me see the gravel.
Give me the racing line through it.
We'll marble through with a heart throb,
Hook back up and keep on moving.

Let her push through the corners on all 4.
First leaning hard to the front outer corner.
Give me the transferring to the back while leaping forward,
As a panther on the pounce.

Give me greedy brakes.
Let me nurse them in gently, but with force,
On the brink of traction,
Into the turn in point then lifting off.

Give me the heat of the moment.
Let me show her passion & compassion.
Just keep me pushing hard, don't tire with the time.
Gotta keep it up all the way to the end.

Let me Love the way I race,
The way I love to Race,
With passion's intense moments,
And stints to cool off before heating it up again.

Let it all blend together perfectly,
With us being equally in control of each other.
Racing is second to Love,
And my Love is second to none.


Racing

You change,
2 layers of Nomex.

The shoes fit better than Italian leather hand shoes.
You tie them up,
Toss the racing gloves in the helmet,
And walk outside, the arms tied around your waist.

She’s already out there, waiting.
The motor is warm.
It’s idling raspy, waiting,
For the smoothing high rpm’s.

You get in, foot to the brake pedal.
The 6-point harness comes together;
Nut-huggers and waist belts – clipped,
Shoulder belts – snap, snap.

You take the wheel from the A-Arm,
It finds the keyway, - snap.
Gloves and helmet sit on the other arm.
The helmet slides snuggly down, gets fastened, gloves next.

You blip the gas a couple times.
She’s good and ready now,
The steering wheel feels good,
You get the OK.

Clutch in,
Lever forwards with a notchy click.
You bring the rpms up, 9000,
Lift off the clutch and start off.

The tires get their grip.
Click – 2nd.
You burry the pedal, lift,
Click – 3rd, then 4th.

It’s only been 4 seconds,
You’re doing 75.
It’s ecstasy,
It’s orgasmic.

You brake and come back down.
Acceleration, braking, left, right.
Everything’s good, all systems go.
You bring her to the start line.

You get the green,
It’s all about time.
Now is the time,
You are the man.

You’re in your own world.
You have yourself,
The car, and the course.
You only hear the motor.

You eyes look through the ideal line,
Your hands and feet follow.
You anticipate and react,
You race.

You’re pushing yourself,
You’re pushing the car,
You two are married,
You two are one.

Everything streaks past in the blink of an eye.
It’s like a dream,
But you stay in it and are completely conscious in the moment,
The memory will be numb.

You push hard.
- Faster, faster, stay on it.
Your arms burn.
You’re wet with sweat.

It’s over.
You come to a stop.
They come over and help you out.
You’re beat.

They’re amazed.
You were awesome.
You were on the edge.
You flirted with dead and survived.

When you can move again,
You go eat dinner.
You play it through your mind again
In quiet satisfaction.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home